This coming weekend sees the opening of a Victorian-themed travelling Christmas market in Corby town centre.
Located alongside the ice rink, this unique market will run from 29 November until 1 December. On sale will be a selection of handcrafted and unique Christmas gifts as well as festive food and drink. The list of traders includes:
• Cowley’s Fine Foods – gourmet foods
• Suzi’s Vegan Jerky – fruit leathers
• Le Verre Historique – historic glassware
• A Piece of History – archery equipment and accessories
• Roo the Leather Carver – hand carved bespoke leather goods
• Mythicarium – artist
• Brighid Designs – costumer
• The Unfound Door – historic jeweller
• Honest Jim’s Wanderin’ Shop – medieval everything store
• Made in Kielder – wood turner
• Spearman Supplies – leather goods and toys
• The Secret of Happiness – folk art goods, soft furnishings and massage
To add to the festive spirit, there will be juggling, stilt-walking, circus skills workshops, balloon modelling, magics shows and more. Entrance to the market is free and parking is available alongside for just £1.50 for up to three hours. Market opening times are 6.30pm to 9.30pm on Friday, 10am to 9pm on Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
The Corby ice rink will operate until 5 January and is open from 10am to 10pm Saturdays and school holidays, 10am to 8pm on Sundays and from 4pm to 8pm Monday to Friday. A range of ice-skates, illuminated polar bear skating-aids and double-bladed trainer skates are available for hire. Adult tickets cost £9.50 per 45-minute session including skate hire and £7.50 for children and there are general as well as some disco skating sessions. Online bookings can be made at www.corbyicerink.com, where full details can be found.
Download our FREE Christmas Guide with details of all our Christmas events, opening times and gift ideas!